CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Avery's favorite word and a Momma's night out!

Ok, so this is a 2 part post. First, just a couple cute videos of my favorite girl. The first part is her favorite word. No, it's not flower anymore, although she still likes that one. Take a listen...and the second part is just her being her cute self!





And obviously it doesn't always make sense because, she LOVES bananas, Nana, Papa, Daddy, Sydney and Momma....and also Barack Obama....she is crazy:-)



I have devoted a post before to my love for the Twilight series, so naturally Tiffany and I treked out to see Twilight the movie on its opening night. I made us special shirts and everything!


Tiff and I both thought the movie didn't hold a candle to the book and there were some really good scenes that didn't make the movie, but none the less, the movie was entertaining, captured the basic story pretty well. Do not read further if you haven't read the book and want to!


So, the actress that played Bella was so so....not quite fiery and spirited (quoting Gigi) as the character in the book. Edward was very well cast....very hot, but some things about him in the movie bothered me. Ok, the scene in Biology where Bella comes to sit next to him for the first time.....isn't her blood supposed to smell SO GOOD to him that he can hardly stand it?? Well in the movie, they go for a laugh and make it out like she smells bad...I thought that was dumb. Also, Edward can read minds, and they talk about it, but I was hoping to see in the movie, like him sitting there hearing everyone's endless chatter. Also some of the scenes where Edward and Bella get to know each other were left out...like the talk on the way back from Port Angeles was cut short and changed a bit and also no scene from the blood typing day in Biology where Edward and Bella get much more friendly. Another scene I missed was from when Alice and Jasper take Bella to the hotel in AZ. In the book, you get to know a lot more about the characters of Alice and Jasper, but the movie doesn't really develop that relationship. Anyway, it sounds like I hated it, but I really didn't. I don't know a movie based off of a book that was EVER better than the book anyway. I can't wait for the next movie to come out...until then I am back to Twilight withdrawl!!

3 comments:

Deidre and Dave said...

Avery is growing up so fast! I still haven't seen the movie. Hope to see you soon.

Our Family.. said...

Avery is too cute! Me and my mom are suppose to go see Twilight tonight. You are right though..no movie is better than the book. I read The Notebook and as good as the movie was..the book was better. Have a Happy Thanksgiving..see you at Christmas Time! :)

Cheryl said...

I LOVE THAT BABY!!!