CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Blueberry Bushes



Melissa and I went on a drive after she got home from work today. We ended up buying two Blueberry bushes at Broadway Gardens. When we got home we pulled up all the Marigolds (don't worry Dad I saved a bunch of seeds for you), and planted the new bushes. At the advice of my Dad I raked a pile of pine needles up from the next door neighbor's yard... they've moved and won't be missing their needles. According to Dad the needles will add acidity to the soil over the winter and Blueberry bushes do best with acidic soil. That make sense to me if you think about it the places where you find wild blueberries growing is often in woodsy areas.

0 comments: